Express Scripts Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will support the Financial Reporting team in managing the SEC reports issued by Express Scripts, as well as various technical accounting analysis. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Financial Compliance and interact on a routine basis with management, internal and external auditors, various members within the Financial Reporting and Compliance teams.
- Responsible for assisting with external reporting, technical accounting research and accounting responsibilities.
- Compilation of portions of SEC quarterly and annual filings
- Compilation of subsidiary and benefit plan financial statements as needed
- Compilation of other ad-hoc reporting requests as needed
- Coordinate with investor relations, corporate accounting and external auditors during the compilation and review of these filings as needed.
- Research accounting guidance related to new transactions or new accounting standards
- Assess and communicate impact to leaders, corporate accounting and FP&A.
- Complete month-end close journal entries and reconciliations related to high risk accounting areas
- Prepare annual goodwill impairment assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- 3 – 5 years accounting or finance experience
- Strong attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills are critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Self-starter and team player
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes required
- Focus on quality and service
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.