Airgas Usa LLC Welder Repair Technician in Piscataway, New Jersey
/ Come Join Our Team as a /
/Welder Repair Technician in Piscataway, NJ!/
/ Consider working for the Chemical Industry's Best Managed Company. The one Forbes magazine named to its Most Admired Companies list. A company that offers associates industry-leading training, opportunities for growth and advancement, and a commitment to entrepreneurial spirit at every level. See why a career with Airgas is more than a paycheck! /
Red-D-Arc Welderentals™ an Airgas company rents and leases welders, welding positioners, welding-related equipment, and electric power generators - anywhere in the world. Our rental welders, positioners and specialty products have been engineered and built to provide Extreme-Duty™ performance and reliability in even the harshest environments, and are available through over 70 Red-D-Arc Service Centers, strategically located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Germany, and the UAE, as well as through strategic alliances in the Middle East, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Australia, the Caribbean, and Colombia. From our rental fleet of over 60,000 welders, 3,700 weld positioners, and 3,700 electric-power generators, we can supply you with the equipment you need - where you need it - when you need it.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, theWelder Repair Technician repairs, services and maintains engine driven Generators and ensures a safe working environment.
We are looking for a Repair Technician who:
• Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc’s health and safety guidelines.
• Repairs and refurbishes all Electric and Engine Drives.
• Assembles electric, diesel, gas, and propane equipment for rental. Tests and calibrates machines to see if they are functional for rent or sale.
• Repaints parts, touch up paint, and puts decals on welders to maintain general appearance.
• Replaces defective parts and completes preventative maintenance required.
• Orders parts as required in order to complete repairs.
• Inspects returned equipment for proper operation and/or damage by the customer.
• Operates a forklift, pallet jack or other necessary equipment to stock required parts in the shop.
• Ensures clean and organized work environment at all times.
• Prepares and completes paperwork for all machine repairs,
• Occasionally required to service equipment and customers off-site.
• Maintains communication with all branch personnel.
• Occasionally advises customers regarding best equipment for their projects.
• Performs field work as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Post-secondary education equivalent to a one year Technical College or equivalent is an asset.
• Three years of related technical experience.
• Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding application and equipment is an asset.
• Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Ability to act proactively or find a solution with work-related problems.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
/ Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! /
To learn more please call
Cheryl Austin at (678) 985-6735 or (470) 330-4916.
Title: Welder Repair Technician
Location: New Jersey-Piscataway-08854
Requisition ID: 17866