Ross Stores, Inc. Store Manager in Hillsboro, Oregon
Responsible for all phases of the stores’ operations. Manages and controls the operations of the store to ensure that company standards and expectations are consistently met. Executes business plan and associated programs that will deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining good quality customer service. Recruits, trains and develops Associates. Manages the operations of the stockroom to ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely manner, goods are received properly and maintains tight control of all merchandise in stock areas.
- Executes customer service programs (CARA, Star Service, Mystery Shop Program) and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Supervises and coaches retail associates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor etc.
- Monitors the maintenance of Customer Service, Sizing and Markdowns to corporate goal.
Merchandise Processing , In-Store Marketing and Store Appearance
- Urgently approaches processing merchandise to the selling floor within company timeframe.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized utilizing Ross Merchandising Philosophy and Guidelines.
- Ensures markdowns are processed according to policy on an accurate and timely basis.
- Maintains a high standard of house keeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
- Manages store recovery to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Monitors inventory shortage programs in store and monitors programs to ensure compliance. Understands company and store inventory results and goals.
- Responsible for leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and store shortage goals.
- Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper administration.
General Operating Requirements
- Understands the Star Visit program and is directly involved with Visit feedback and follow-up as needed.
- Analyzes monthly store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall store performance.
- Addresses any variance to company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by management.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers and non-exempt Associates.
- .Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including incentives programs, recognition opportunities, contests and training.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive discipline and termination when needed.
- Ensure compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages Employee Relations issues, consulting with District Managers as needed.
- Maintains adherence to company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Ensure compliance of all state, local and federal regulations.
- Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Five or more years of store management experience in a retail environment.
- Must maintain a high level of customer service.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to store personnel at all levels.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgment and discretion.
Ability to work evenings and weekends.'141663