Continental Corporation Field Test Engineering INTERN in Allentown, Pennsylvania
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.3 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 87136BR
Job Title Field Test Engineering INTERN
Country United States
Posting Location Allentown, PA
The Field Test Engineer Intern will assist with Field Tests for our VDO RoadLog Electronic Logging Device. The VDO RoadLog Electronic Logging Device is installed into Commercial Vehicles and we are continuously adding features and conducting field tests. This is an internship that would start with 620hrs while attending school and then would go full time during the summer.
• Learn VDO RoadLog product functionalities.
• Support the VDO RoadLog field tests by training drivers and fleet manager on the use of the product.
• Perform installation of new units in vehicle, regular SW upgrades and data downloads from the units.
• Analyze data retrieved from field test to detect any malfunction compared to specification.
• Assist in other product Management activities for the VDO RoadLog as needed (surveys, research on technical questions).
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Computer literate (in Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Be adaptable and effective in the daily and cyclical business environment.
• Demonstrate initiative, drive and persistence for dependable performance.
This position does not allow for relocation or visa sponsorship
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be enrolled in an accredited degree program (2 or 4yr degree) pursuing Associates or Bachelors degree in engineering (electronics, SW, electrical) or technical computer degree
• Minimum GPA 2.8
• Ability to travel locally to perform tests at customers’ sites
• Previous experience or classes in Computer science, Automotive mechatronics
• Work experience with commercial vehicle fleet environment
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.